Saturday, January 1, 2011

Entry 6: Stardate 2011

So Christmas was busy and I never managed to post between then and now. A lot more socialization than I'm used to. Definitely a lot of fun though. I wish I had the time and resources to hang out like that all the time.

New Year's Eve... To be truthful, I secretly spend every December 31st in a deep depression, and usually I have to be badgered incessantly to go out. I don't know what it is... at this point it's probably just a self-fulfilling prophecy. I'm sure it also has something to do with the nagging fact that I'm alone every year, and while a new year's kiss isn't the biggest deal in the world, it gets to me.
Nevertheless, I got myself to go out this time, and I was so adamant that I double booked myself too! Unfortunate that I couldn't do both, but I had a really good time at the one. My M.O. lately has been terrible choices, so it was nice to make a good one.

On the topic of choices, I believe some resolutions are in order... most of them are just feats I'd like to achieve in the next 12 months.
Resolution the first!
Get my Learner's License... I've had to ask too many friends to move my crap, it's time to be more self-sufficient.
Resolution the second!
Go to School! It'll be a lot harder to hate my job when I can afford a house and two cars.
Resolution the third!
Exercise! I've been wanting to try Tai Chi for about 3 years and haven't gotten around to it... also I took up running a month ago and got a cold 'cause it's freezing! Maybe I'll save the running for spring.
Resolution the fourth!
Get my Passport so I can go to this year's Blipfest in NY! ...okay, that one might not happen due to lack of funds, but we'll see!

I'll be honest, I could go on like this all day... there's so much I want to change, but if I want any of it to happen, I've got to focus on what's important... like leaving the country to go listen to chiptunes, apparently.

Well, that's all for now. Hope everyone had a sweet New Year's Eve, and I think you should all post your resolutions in the comments!

Later, Phyrexian Negator.

2 comments:

  1. I had the worst New Years yet... We didn't go out, instead we had a new years mega fight. It sucked donkey balls.
    I'm not a resolution making type of person... But I do have some goals... such as starting up my farm and gardens and having better communication skills. Things I'm working on...
    Glad you had a good time, Danny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i didn't make any resolutions. I never keep 'em anyways, so i figured i'd save myself the personal let-down. If I did make some, i'm sure they'd be along the lines of "write didgeree dude" or somesuch.

    ReplyDelete