Friday, April 1, 2011

April 1

So I've decided I'm going to attempt this Blogging from A to Z thing. It's going to be difficult because I'm a lazy guy.
Anyways, I've elected to do a band review a day. I know this isn't ordinarily a music blog, but I do love music, so it is this month.
Posts will probably be shorter than normal, but you'll be getting 600% more of them, so suck it up, princess!

For the letter A, I'm going to go with Anathema. I'll start off with a disclaimer now, I am not at all familiar with Anathema's older stuff. As it stands, I've only heard their 3 most recent albums. A Fine Day to Exit, A Natural Disaster, and We're Here Because We're Here.
I find their work reminiscent of Radiohead and Pink Floyd. There's a lot of melodic songs and the occasional bit of synth, which I always enjoy. They can be a bit heavier and more angsty at times, but still, a very talented and inspiring group. I especially recommend listening to A Natural Disaster, as it has the broadest range of musical styles, and some of my favorite songs.

Here's Anathema's "Pulled Under at 2,000 Metres a Second" next to Pink Floyd's "Sheep."





Also here's a couple tracks from A Natural Disaster that I find particularly awesome. Balance / Closer. I don't know why they aren't just one song, because neither seems as great without the other. At any rate, they fade into eachother a bit, and unfortunately it comes across really choppy on a youtube playlist. Hope you enjoy anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment