Saturday, April 23, 2011

Proclivity

Part of me would like to review one of the many great band options that I can come up with off the top of my head, but lately, I've been digging this album all too much to ignore it.

P is for Pablo Honey, by Radiohead. Some people may say that their debut album doesn't stack up to much of their later works, but I still regard it as one of my favorite records. Pablo Honey is probably most recognized for the song Creep. Hell, considering the volume of radio play, it's probably still the most recognized Radiohead song.

The band has definitely written more interesting, more technical, and altogether more moving pieces since, but Creep was an anthem for pretty much anybody who ever felt awkward and not good enough.
In my opinion, not the high point of the album, though it definitely has it's place.
The record starts off with You, and that usually amps me up for the whole experience. Another favorite is Ripcord, especially lately... it just keeps getting into my head.
If I keep going like this, I'm just going to end up linking every song, so I'll just wrap it up here and say the album closes with another fantastic song, Blowout.
In summation, if you aren't much into Radiohead because they're too weird and electronic now, Pablo Honey might be right for you. For those of you that do listen to Radiohead, but haven't given their older stuff a chance, I say spin that shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment