Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Close. So close.

Crap. Here I am starting my monday blog post at 12:01, tuesday morning.

C is for Cut Copy! I'm not even sure I need to say much here. They're getting pretty popular.
We'll start of with some of their older stuff though. I found Bright Like Neon Love pretty solid, though nowhere near as polished as their newer records. I find it necessary to point out a certain song though. Time Stands Still is stellar, and easily one of my favorite Cut Copy songs to date. The synth melodies just make my brain smile.
Then, there's In Ghost Colours. In my opinion, it's a perfect balance of electronic and rock. My favorite Cut Copy album. Sweet Video.

Their latest release, Zonoscope, is pretty good. Definitely moving away from the rock thing, which I'm a little disappointed about. It's still a great album, but I thought they had a really good thing going on. Maybe it's better that they didn't play it to death though. As always, sweet random videos. Lulz

Ooh, here's an interesting one:

Cut Copy on Jimmy Fallon, featuring what looks like Landwolf from Matt Furie's Boys Club.
This comic is pretty juvenile and weird. Well, just the way I like 'em, I guess. We have a lot in common. Matt Furie used to have a myspace page with a ton of these comics posted, but it looks like it's disappeared. Ah well, I did manage to find a sweet XLR8R TV special all about him. Looool

Well, went on a bit of a tangent there, but that's okay.
In other news, that T-shirt design has now been approved, so if you like it, I think you should go sign up and rate it.
See you tomorrow, when I will probably post late again.

No comments:

Post a Comment