Saturday, April 9, 2011

Everybody knows I'm a mother fucking procrastinator.

Egads! It's saturday and here I am plugging away at Wednesday's post. Get used to it, I guess.

E is for Erasure, a group that I've been listening to for most of my goddamn life. For those of you that don't know, I'm a big fan of Pet Shop Boys, Erasure, and gay dance music in general. That all started with my Mom. While my family was strictly pentecostal in my earlier years, it definitely mellowed out when we moved away from our congregation in Sherwood Park, Alberta. I don't know exactly when my mom started listening to Erasure, but she loved them! Of course, Andy Bell is gay, and I think that's something that got my mom questioning how "wrong" that really is, and looking at our religion with more scrutiny. I remember when I was around 14, my mom telling me that whether I came home with a girlfriend, or a boyfriend, she would always love me just the same. I wish more people were so lucky.
So back to the music! I suspect that a lot of you will recognize this tune, whether you have heard of Erasure or not:


That's right! It's the song from Robot Unicorn Attack! Admittedly, that's half the reason I was so stoked about this game.
I guess the fandom is kind of ingrained... when I was a kid, we had two cats named Always, and Sometimes. That aside, it's synth pop, and it's Vince Clarke's synth pop! Dude worked with Depeche Mode, among his other projects. I don't expect everybody to like it, but I hope you'll give them a chance.

Next time, Gadget!

No comments:

Post a Comment