Saturday, April 9, 2011

Far Behind

First things first, I'd like to point out that I had a pretty tough time picking a band this time, so I'll list off a couple artists you should hear if you haven't already.
Fischerspooner, The Flaming Lips, and The Format. Now that that's out of the way, on to the main attraction.

F is for Fake Problems. This is a weird one, because they took a while to grow on me. I do like some good rock now and again, but it has to be pretty unique for me to get really into it, and I found Fake Problems somewhat run of the mill the first time through. That said, they really pull through lyrically. I know not everybody's gonna agree with that, but I for one find them marvelously clever and I think I can relate to much of the subject matter. I've only listened to Real Ghosts Caught on Tape, but I do intend on checking out their older albums.

Here's a video of the lead singer playing Songs for Teenagers in a public washroom.



Definitely talented musicians and solid songwriters... I think the issue I have is that they're not what I typically listen to. I'm definitely a huge fan now though, and if you haven't given Real Ghosts Caught on Tape a listen yet, you really should. Here's another song I really like, and here's a pretty sweet music video.



Later, HV Penetrator!

No comments:

Post a Comment